The undergraduate summer program runs for a total of 8 weeks starting the first week of June and ending the last week of July.
The call is open for undergraduate students of any nationality. Each student will be working under the supervision of a group leader or a senior member of the assigned research group, and will become acquainted with the project, techniques, and people working in that area. To complement the internship, students must participate to several events and trainings, including group meetings, journal clubs, seminars etc. At the end of the program, students will present their research results to their peers and mentors during one of our Internal seminars that will be dedicated to the event (12/15 minutes for each student).
Undergraduates with an excellent academic record and a strong interest in biomedical research (prior lab experience is preferred), who are in their final two years of studies in Life Sciences or related subjects (e.g. Bioinformatics, Biomedicine, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Chemistry).
- Two/Three full years of college course work completed by the time the internship begins.
- Excellent academic record – The student must have passed with top grades all the exams as foreseen by his/her year of enrolment.
- High level of English.
- Candidates must have a sponsor from the University of origin.
- The University of origin foresees a training period abroad.
- Candidates may not have previously obtained a “DEO Summer Internship”.
- Meal vouchers (lunch/working days) for the 8-week period.
- 1 return ticket to the student’s place of residence.